Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com> on 2011/01/19 16:03:52 UTC

Presence propagation issues

ok, am I getting this right:
Users do mutually subscribe to each other? Do you use a lib like smack?
Have you already upgraded to 0.6?
I still don't have a case to debug. TRUNK works for me with mutual
subscriptions.

You could try stepping through PresenceAvailabilityHandler, especially
handleInboundAvailable, and if this looks good,
handleOutboundAvailable.
You could also try to dump the roster and see if both parties really
have a contact status of "both".

  Bernd

Re: Presence propagation issues

Posted by Thomas Kratz <ei...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Bernd,

first thanks again for your patience. After some debugging I found that it
was my own mistake in my lazy subscription handling. Is I go with in memory,
I have to re-setup subscriptions after server restart, and there was
something wrong in my status check.

Offline seems to work fine as far as I can see. This is great :)

Rergards

--
www.buchmanager.com

Re: Presence propagation issues

Posted by Thomas Kratz <ei...@googlemail.com>.
HI Bernd,

I'll look deeper into this on the weekend. Paid job calls for me
tomorrow. And yes I'm currently running on trunk with smack client.
Users do subscribe to each other. I'll have to debug when I find time.

Thanks for your patience. I think it's got nothing to do with the
offline storage.

--
http://www.eiswind.de