Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Jeff Owens <je...@payrollnw.com> on 2003/01/29 01:49:47 UTC

Using Eclipse with existing project

I have an existing TDK 2.2 project - it utilizes Turbine, Torque, and Velocity.  I've downloaded and installed the most recent stable version (M4) of Eclipse.

1  Is there an easy way to bring the TDK project into Eclipse?  I've tried creating a new Eclipse project and importing from different locations in my project.  Once it gets done importing, then it starts compiling my source and gets thousands of errors (and no, there are not thousands of errors in my source code!).  Is this normal behaviour for Eclipse?

2  Once I get the project in there, how do I work with it?  I'm used to working with the ANT build file.  I use ANT init to create my tables, and ANT compile to compile my source code.

Mostly I'm just curious as to how Eclipse can save me time.  I'm willing to do the legwork, just not sure how to get started.  Perhaps there's a web page for working with existing TDK projects in Eclipse?

Thanks
Jeff Owens