Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Javed Mahmud <jm...@it.uts.edu.au> on 2002/11/22 02:47:42 UTC

Developing an application based on Jetspeed

Hi All,
To start with I must say i m novice for Jet Speed and its related projects
except for Tomcat.
I have been scraping the mailing list for past two days.
Looking for a way to develop an application based on Jetspeed which will
provide the portal with portlets. Uptill now I have seen that one can
register the portlet to the jetspeed portlet. And then that portlet would
be available for customization.
I am using beta version of Jetspeed (jetspeed-1.4b1-release-war)
and Tomcat (jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12) and off course MySQL.
I have been able to deploy the Jetspeed and it is running as I have been
able to log in and add a user (although I have not been able to get the
confirmation email thru my SMTP host, changed the entry in
JetSpeedResources.properties file to the SMTP).
What I am after is a guidleine may be steps or things to look for when
developing an application based on JetSpeed.

My main goal is to build a personalized web site. Thought portals is the
best way to do it.
Any kind of help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Javed

*---------------------------------------*
|Research Assistant                     |
|Building 10                            |
|Room 4405                              |
|Faculty of Information Technology      |
|Department of Computer Systems         |
|University of Technology Sydney        |
|Phone: 9514 4513                       |
|Mobile : 0413 607172                   |

Re: Developing an application based on Jetspeed

Posted by Javed Mahmud <jm...@it.uts.edu.au>.
Hi
Thanks for the pointer Harmaldeep. If you can elaborate further in terms
of which classes need to be customized and taken care of then i will get a
head start.

Javed

Posted by Harmaldeep Atwal <ha...@transcanada.com>.
Hi,