Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andy Jefferies <aj...@vrisko.com> on 2002/03/21 14:28:52 UTC

RE: BUG in org.apache.struts.util.ResponseUtils.filter(String val ue) method in v.1.0.2

The function of this method is to conveniently ensure that
the text you're writing does not break or invalidate your
HTML/XHTML/XML.

E.g. convert "x <= y" to "x &lt;= y" so that an XML processor
can process it (otherwise it could just throw an error).

However, if you converted
"two
lines"
to "two <br> lines" or "two <br/> lines" it could break some
folks XML as <br> may not be a valid tag.

You should look elsewhere for HTML specific tools.  I don't
know of any I'm afraid.

Andy.