Posted to dev@orc.apache.org by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/20 20:33:14 UTC

Apache ORC 1.7.0 QA status

Thank you all for your participation.

Here is a brief summary of the recent ORC community activity for Apache ORC
1.7.0 QA.

1. After branching branch-1.7, I shared Apache Iceberg integration test
failure.
2. Kyle Bendickson reported the same issue. In addition, when he reverted
to rbtree, he met NPE in some cases. He is investigating it.
3. David Mollitor has been working on several nice code refactoring and
perf improvement. Currently, his patches are landed on the `main` branch
for 1.8.0, but I'm considering backporting them to branch-1.7 if needed.
4. William (Jeongseok) Hyun also found an orc-tools CNFE bug and fixed it.
5. Yukihiro Okada made a patch to fix his `head` command contribution and
Panos/William reviewed and merged.

In addition to the above, Apache ORC community is waiting for a new hive
storage api release.

Yesterday, Panos started the Hive Storage API 2.8.0-rc0 vote and Pavan
Lanka, Owen and I voted.
-
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r28201af1d35c67c72d3e846c26c77c38d2a51437f0b1bd31ddcf12b8%40%3Cdev.hive.apache.org%3E

Apache ORC 1.7.0 is coming! Please test it in your environments and give us
your feedback.

Best,
Dongjoon.