Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by dukehoops <ni...@doppelganger.com> on 2009/04/30 21:40:19 UTC

possible to monitor cxn accept queue in NIO?

we're using tomcat 6 nio with executor pool size much smaller than cxn
acceptCount. At some load the queue may start filling up, of course. Is
there a way to monitor accepted cxn queue size? didn't find anything in
catalina mbean.

thanks
-nikita

-----

Re: possible to monitor cxn accept queue in NIO?

Posted by dukehoops <ni...@doppelganger.com>.
Thanks. any suggestions for such a tool for:
-vista
-rhel?

-----

Re: possible to monitor cxn accept queue in NIO?

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
acceptCount controls a TCP stack parameter for a backlog.
The only way to monitor the backlog, would be to use tools for your
operating system that let you introspect the TCP information the stack
implementation provides

so that is one level of an accepted connection, accepted by the OS, but
not yet dealt with by the Java application (tomcat).
at this point, the system doesn't expose how many connections are
registered with the NIO poller

Filip