Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Marcin Prączko <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2008/11/27 15:35:18 UTC

PDF Result - a few questions.

HI

Could you help me with a few issues during generating PDF document.

I am using fop 0.93, and most things are working well (I can generate
PDF documetn). But I have a few problems.

1. Images for warning, note, are extrymly big. I am using the same
images like on HTML output, and on HTML
   site is OK but in PDF is quite BIG:
2. I attached some text files to my document and the font is big as
well, I would like to have smaller font, how
   can I do that.
3. The same for fonts for chapter, section, etc - how to make them smaller.

This are an options which I use to generate PDF:

xsltproc \
   --output ${OUTPUT_FO} \
   --stringparam paper.type A4 \
   --stringparam page.margin.bottom 0.50in \
   --stringparam page.margin.inner 0.75in \
   --stringparam page.margin.outer 0.50in \
   --stringparam use.id.as.filename 1 \
   --stringparam body.font.family "Times Roman" \
   --stringparam body.font.master 11 \
   --stringparam title.font.family "Times Roman" \
   --stringparam footnote.font.size 9 \
   --stringparam section.autolabel 1 \
   --stringparam section.autolabel.max.depth 4 \
   --stringparam toc.section.depth 5 \
   --stringparam chapter.autolabel 1 \
   --stringparam admon.graphics 1 \
   --stringparam appendix.autolabel 1 \
   --stringparam fop1.extensions 1 \
   ${SGML_DB}/fo/docbook.xsl ${TMP_XMLRESULT}

fop -fo ${OUTPUT_FO} -pdf ${OUTPUT_PDF}

Thank you for help.

--
Best regards
Marcin Praczko

Re: PDF Result - a few questions.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
On 27.11.2008 15:35, Marcin Prączko wrote:
> I am using fop 0.93, and most things are working well (I can generate
> PDF documetn). But I have a few problems.
>
> 1. Images for warning, note, are extrymly big. I am using the same
> images like on HTML output, and on HTML
>     site is OK but in PDF is quite BIG:
This is probably a problem with the default image resolution
hard coded in FOP 0.93. Upgrading to the latest FOP release
may fix this, or not. I suppose the image files come from
docbook, in which case asking on the docbook-apps is more
likely to get an answer than here.

> 2. I attached some text files to my document and the font is big as
> well, I would like to have smaller font, how
>     can I do that.
> 3. The same for fonts for chapter, section, etc - how to make them smaller.

These appear to be questions for docbook gurus. You should ask
on the docbook-apps list for help.

[snip]

J.Pietschmann