Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2009/08/27 16:11:48 UTC

[vote] Declare the signed source for r808406 as Milestone 11

I think we'd fixed enough license issues for one release so I'm going to
begin the vote.  If anyone feels that three days isn't enough time to
complete testing then please just ask for more time.

I have created a signed source archive for this revision and made it
available at:

  http://people.apache.org/~hindessm/5.0m11/

Please test these artifacts and then vote for declaring these source
archives as milestone 11, and opening up the code[0] for general
development once again.

This vote will be open for at least 3 days, or until all binding votes
have been cast (if earlier).

If the vote is successful, binary builds from that level will be made
available on the download page, as usual.

Regards,
 Mark.

[0] drlvm/trunk and the java6 branches of classlib and jdktools will
    remain frozen until we test and vote on 6.0M1

Re: [vote] Declare the signed source for r808406 as Milestone 11

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Looks good to me.  +1

Tim

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Regards,
Oliver

--
Oliver Deakin
Unless stated otherwise above:

Re: [result] [vote] Declare the signed source for r808406 as Milestone 11

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
In message <4A...@gmail.com>, Tim Ellison writes:

> On 01/Sep/2009 16:22, Tim Ellison wrote:
> > On 31/Aug/2009 21:10, Mark Hindess wrote:
> >> Sorry, just fixing the tags in subject so that people don't miss this.
> >> -Mark.

> > Cool.  Do you want me to update the download page?  I'm happy to do so.
>
> Hopefully we didn't overlap -- I went ahead and did it.

Cool.  I didn't actually finish copying files to the /dist/ tree until
this morning so I was going to wait until tomorrow to give mirrors a chance
to catch up but it should be okay.

-Mark.

Re: [result] [vote] Declare the signed source for r808406 as Milestone 11

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 31/Aug/2009 21:10, Mark Hindess wrote:
> Sorry, just fixing the tags in subject so that people don't miss this.
> -Mark.
>
> In message <20...@d06av01.portsmouth.uk.ibm.com>,
> Mark Hindess writes:
>> +1 votes from Tim, Sean, Regis, Tony, Ray, Pavel, Chunrong, Oliver and
>> myself.  No other votes, so the vote passes.
>>
>> Thanks for testing the artefacts and voting.
>>
>> The classlib/trunk code base and jdktools/trunk code base is now open
>> for commits again.
>>
>> The java6 branches, drlvm and federated build trees will remain frozen
>> until we have completed a vote on a 6.0m1 release.
>>
>> I'll upload linux/x86, linux/x86_64, and windows/x86 binaries.  I'll
>> also upload Debian packages for linux/x86 and linux/x86_64.  If anyone
>> can make windows/x86_64 binaries, from the signed artefacts, perhaps
>> we could also include them.

Cool.  Do you want me to update the download page?  I'm happy to do so.

For the record, here are the release notes for the 5.0M11 milestone.
Good work one and all!

--------

Release Notes - Harmony - Version 5.0M11

** Sub-task
    * [HARMONY-6200] - [classlib][luni] - add cache for file's canonical
path

** Bug
    * [HARMONY-329] - [classlib][luni] Endless loop when using
Double.parseDouble(String) with certain types of value
    * [HARMONY-1767] -
[classlib][swing]javax.swing.text.ComponentView(Element) throws
unexpected NullPointerException on user's implementation
    * [HARMONY-1866] - [classlib][swing][test] j.s.t.StyleConstantsTest
fails
    * [HARMONY-5813] - [site][doc] Wrong link in DRLVM Thread Manager doc
    * [HARMONY-5981] - [classlib][logging] FileHandler may throw
exception when logging to the same file by multiple thread
    * [HARMONY-6206] - [classlib][beans]
java.beans.EventSetDescriptor(String, Class<?, MethodDescriptor[],
Method, Method) throws a NullPointerException while RI doesn't
    * [HARMONY-6210] - [classlib][archive] Inflater.setInput crashes
when input is read 1 byte at a time
    * [HARMONY-6213] - [classlib][beans] XMLDecoder.readObject() should
not invoke org.xml.sax.SAXParseException
    * [HARMONY-6214] - [classlib][beans]
java.beans.XMLDecoder.XMLDecoder(InputStream inputStream, Object owner,
ExceptionListener listener) should not throw IllegalArgumentException
    * [HARMONY-6215] - [classlib][beans]
java.beans.XMLEncoder.writeExpression(Expression null) should throw
NullPointerException
    * [HARMONY-6218] - [classlib][lang-management]
java.lang.management.MemoryUsage.from(CompositeData cd) should throw
IlegalArgumentException but not NullPointerException
    * [HARMONY-6230] - [classlib][archive] ZipEntry close() leaves
ZipInputStream in an inconsistent state
    * [HARMONY-6231] - [classlib][text] DateFormat does not consider lenient
    * [HARMONY-6234] - [classlib][nio] FileChannel.transferTo should not
check the upper bound of position and count
    * [HARMONY-6235] - [jdwp] dt_socket.so missing from Linux federated
builds
    * [HARMONY-6236] - [classlib][luni] ArrayList breaks when given
concurrent collections as input
    * [HARMONY-6237] - [classlib][luni] HashMap doesn't support proxy
object as keys
    * [HARMONY-6242] - Math.max(double, double) gives wrong answer when
Math.max(-0.0d, 0.0d)
    * [HARMONY-6244] - [classlib][beans] java.beans.XMLEncoder fails to
write SystemColor.activeCaption object correctly
    * [HARMONY-6245] - NoSuchMethod error with three-level hierarchy
    * [HARMONY-6246] - Crash during debugging session
    * [HARMONY-6248] - [classlib][security] Wildcard subjectAltName
dNSName entries throw IOException
    * [HARMONY-6254] - [classlib][luni] URLStreamHandler throws NPE when
creating external form
    * [HARMONY-6256] - [classlib][awt] Incorrect test of transformation
type when clipping
    * [HARMONY-6259] - [classlib][luni] PipedInputStream.read throw
different info when IOException is raised
    * [HARMONY-6261] - [classlib][luni] Float parse causes
OutOfMemoryException
    * [HARMONY-6262] - Harmony's java.util.concurrent is out of date
    * [HARMONY-6266] - Building in release mode fails with gcc version 4.3.3
    * [HARMONY-6267] - [classlib][text] Implementation of
AttributedCharacterIterator.Attribute.equals should only return true if
objects are the same
    * [HARMONY-6268] - [classlib][luni] Math.min fails when comparing
doubles and floats with the same values
    * [HARMONY-6270] - [classlib][swing] JSlider problem with non-zero
minimum values
    * [HARMONY-6271] - [classlib][math] BigDecimal.divide should throw
an ArithmeticException instead of OutOfMemory for too large scales
    * [HARMONY-6274] - [jdwp][java6] Garbled output in JDWP trace
    * [HARMONY-6276] - [luni][lang] Float.toString() can give wrong
string and throws ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException on AIX 32bit
    * [HARMONY-6277] - Timer's finalizer throws an NPE if the Timer
wasn't constructed properly
    * [HARMONY-6279] - [classlib][luni] file.encoding is always set to
ISO-9959-1 if using drlvm
    * [HARMONY-6286] - TimeUnit.MINUTES, HOURS, DAYS shouldn't be
present in Java 5
    * [HARMONY-6290] - BufferedReader.readLine() breaks at EBCDIC
newline, violating the spec
    * [HARMONY-6292] - [classlib][luni] subList(int, int).size() should
also check concurrent modification when the origin changes
    * [HARMONY-6293] - [classlib][luni] PipedWriter.flush should throw
IOException if pipe is closed (Java 6 only)
    * [HARMONY-6294] - [classlib][nio_char] Character mapping difference
to RI for IBM-1047 charset
    * [HARMONY-6299] - ioctl() doesn't work on z/OS when the pipe is set
up with pipe() function
    * [HARMONY-6301] - There are 2 unused member in java.util.Locale
    * [HARMONY-6302] - [classlib][nio] Encoding bug in
nio/charset/CharsetProviderTest.java
    * [HARMONY-6308] - [classlib][nio_char] Character mapping difference
to RI for IBM037 charset
    * [HARMONY-6310] - [classlib][luni]test
org.apache.harmony.archive.tests.java.util.jar.JarExecTest.test_jar_class_path
failed on z/OS

** Improvement
    * [HARMONY-984] - [testing] collect module test directories to test jars
    * [HARMONY-6094] - [classlib][luni]  Performance improvement patch
in java.io.PushbackInputStream#unread(byte[] buffer, int offset, int length)
    * [HARMONY-6095] - [classlib][luni] Performance improvement patch
for java.text.DateFormatSymbols.DateFormatSymbols(Locale)
    * [HARMONY-6187] - [jdktools][jdwp] Contribution of updated JDWP
agent and socket transport layer for Java 6
    * [HARMONY-6239] - [classlib][text]text module doesn't need to
import java.awt.font while the manifest.mf file does
    * [HARMONY-6240] - [classlib][pack200]
org.apache.harmony.pack200.BandSet should specify effortThresholds as a
share field of this class
    * [HARMONY-6241] -
java.text.SimpleDateFormat.SimpleDateFormat(String, Locale) performance
can be improved
    * [HARMONY-6243] - [classlib][pack200] Pack200 cmd line should print
message when user packs y.jar file into y.jar.pack without specifing
--no-gzip option
    * [HARMONY-6250] - [classlib][luni] Timer documentation: clarify
which time units used
    * [HARMONY-6255] - Implementation of createJar method
    * [HARMONY-6265] - [classlib][luni] Improve the performance of HashMap
    * [HARMONY-6295] - shiftLeftOneBit Javadoc

** New Feature
    * [HARMONY-6264] - Need a new native method: VM.getStackClass()
    * [HARMONY-6278] - [classlib] Upgrade icu4j 4.0 to the latest icu4j
4.2.1
    * [HARMONY-6282] - [jdktools] [rmi] we should create the stubs from
rmic, rmid and rmiregistry

** Test
    * [HARMONY-6058] - [classlib][prefs] - remove
FilePreferencesImplTest from exclude list

[result] [vote] Declare the signed source for r808406 as Milestone 11

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Pavel Pervov <pm...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by chunrong lai <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Tony Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Tony Wu
China Software Development Lab, IBM

Re: [vote] Declare the signed source for r808406 as Milestone 11

Posted by Regis <xu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ray Chen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

<ma...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> I think we'd fixed enough license issues for one release so I'm going to
> begin the vote.  If anyone feels that three days isn't enough time to
> complete testing then please just ask for more time.
>
> I have created a signed source archive for this revision and made it
> available at:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~hindessm/5.0m11/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ehindessm/5.0m11/>
>
> Please test these artifacts and then vote for declaring these source
> archives as milestone 11, and opening up the code[0] for general
> development once again.
>
> This vote will be open for at least 3 days, or until all binding votes
> have been cast (if earlier).
>
> If the vote is successful, binary builds from that level will be made
> available on the download page, as usual.
>
> Regards,
>  Mark.
>
> [0] drlvm/trunk and the java6 branches of classlib and jdktools will
>    remain frozen until we test and vote on 6.0M1

--
Ray Chen
MSN:clraychen@hotmail.com <MS...@hotmail.com>

Re: [vote] Declare the signed source for r808406 as Milestone 11

Posted by Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com>.
+1

Best Regards
Sean, Xiao Xia Qiu