Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org> on 2019/07/09 08:43:35 UTC

[VOTE] Drop Java 9 support

Hi ZK dev team,

Considering Enrico’s suggestion on the other thread (“Jenkins Ant failures”) and because Java 9 builds are all broken at Apache I suggest to drop Java 9 support and disable Java 9 jenkins jobs.

We should support and test:
- java 8 (still used very much)
- java 11 (LTS)
- java 12 (latest and greatest stable)
- java 13 (current EA)

Please vote with -1 / 0 / +1.

Regards,
Andor

Re: [VOTE] Drop Java 9 support

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
With 3 binding votes without -1 this vote passes.

Here’s the jire for it: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-3462 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-3462>

Thanks,
Andor

Re: [VOTE] Drop Java 9 support