Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Kyle McAbee <k....@treev.com> on 2005/02/05 00:09:52 UTC

Can variables be declared in BeanShell function?

Dear JMeter Users:

Does anyone know whether BeanShell (current bsh-2.0b2.jar file) hosted by JMeter 2.0.2 will allow a script to declare variables? The following BeanShell function fails.

${__BeanShell(String str1; String str2; str1 = "abc"; str2 = "def"; str1 = str1 + str2; return str1.toString(); ) }

The same code put in a function in NetBeans 3.6 succeeds:

    private static String showConcatenation () {

        String str1;
        String str2;

        str1 = "abc";
        str2 = "def";
        str1 = str1 + str2;

        return str1.toString();
    }

         System.out.println(KillMeNow.showConcatenation());
}

Sincerely yours,

Kyle

Re: Can variables be declared in BeanShell function?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 18:09:52 -0500, Kyle McAbee <k....@treev.com> wrote:
> Dear JMeter Users:
>
> Does anyone know whether BeanShell (current bsh-2.0b2.jar file) hosted by JMeter 2.0.2 will allow a script to declare variables? The following BeanShell function fails.

What do you mean by "fails"?
Are there any error messages in jmeter.log or the console?

I think BeanShell allows variables to be used without predeclaring
them - have you tried that?

By the way, the toString() method call is redundant - str1 is already a string.