Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eyal Goren <ey...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/02 13:52:44 UTC

How to set plugin configuration parameter

Hi,

I am using maven 2.2.8.

I need to find a way to configure a parameter for a specific plugin- without
configuring it directly in the pom, but using a command line (Like the -D),
any idea how this can be done?

Thank
Eyal

Re: How to set plugin configuration parameter

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
On 2 June 2011 12:52, Eyal Goren <ey...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using maven 2.2.8.

Welcome time traveller from an alternate universe!

> I need to find a way to configure a parameter for a specific plugin- without
> configuring it directly in the pom, but using a command line (Like the -D),
> any idea how this can be done?

Unless the plugin uses a property as a default value the only way is
to define a property in the pom that has the current plugin default
value and then configure the plugin to use that property... that way
if you set your new property from the CLI it will change the default