Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by falconair <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/03 05:18:08 UTC

c++ broker build for ubuntu?

I am attempting to install qpid on an ubuntu machine.  Since ubuntu is a very
popular distribution, perhaps the devs could add it to the ubuntu repo so it
can be installed as easily as fedora? (perhaps one of the non-redhat
employees :) )

The wiki pages are quite confusing for someone trying to build it
themselves.  I installed the following packages:

>apt-get install libboost-dev uuid-dev pkg-config build-essential make
autoconf automake help2man libtool doxygen graphviz ruby

(it took a little googling to find the right packages for libboost, uuid,
etc.)

The next step on this page
(http://qpid.apache.org/qpid-cpp-build-how-to.html) says that I need to
check out Java source...notice that the web page file name refers to
"cpp-build-how-to" and it is linked as such from another page.  Yet the
bread-crumb-trail at the top of the page puts it under java:

Apache Qpid > Index > Qpid Java Documentation > Qpid Java How To > Qpid Java
Build How To > Building > Qpid Cpp Build How To

I'm checking out recommended source code now (I think it is going to
retrieve the full trunk, not just c++).  Will post feedback if there are
further hiccups.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: c++ broker build for ubuntu?

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

Please refer to the INSTALL file in the C++ root directory for build
instructions, dependencies, etc. You need to have C++ source and the
specs to build SVN source.

Cheers,
Danushka

--
Danushka Menikkumbura
Technical Lead, WSO2 Inc.

blog : http://danushka-menikkumbura.blogspot.com/

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: c++ broker build for ubuntu?

Posted by ffrenchm <ff...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

the C++ broker is compiling on ubuntu 7.10 (I should upgrade it in fact) and
I've the same problem with ubuntu 8.10. The problem comes in fact from you
g++ version. On ubuntu 7.10 we're using g++ 4.1 by default and on ubuntu
8.10 we're using g++4.3. So you should relink you /usr/bin/g++ (which points
on /usr/bin/g++-4.3 on U8.10) to /usr/bin/g++-4.1...

++

Re: c++ broker build for ubuntu?

Posted by falconair <sh...@gmail.com>.