Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Roy, Ansuman" <an...@logicacmg.com> on 2006/01/10 08:33:41 UTC

Centralized Access Control Across Publications

Hi ,

I have 4 publications in my lenya application. Now i have to maintain 4 different Access Control mechanisms. Is there a way how i could centralize all the publications such that when i create a user in one publication it should be reflected in all the publications.

with warmest regards,
Roy

Re: Centralized Access Control Across Publications

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Roy, Ansuman wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I have 4 publications in my lenya application. Now i have to
 > maintain 4 different Access Control mechanisms. Is there a way
 > how i could centralize all the publications such that when
> i create a user in one publication it should be reflected in all the publications.

You could edit your ac.xconf files and configure a single configuration
directory for the accreditable manager. But be careful to use only one
of the publications for adding/editing users, otherwise there could be
conflicts.

This method hasn't been verified to work, so please be aware that problems
might occur.

-- Andreas