Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Shawn McMurdo <sh...@lutris.com> on 2001/05/23 23:25:38 UTC

Tomcat 3.2.2 problem with string resources

I just noticed that facade/RequestDispatcherImpl.java uses the
strings defined in core/LocalStrings*.properties, where rdi.forward.ise
is defined, but it also tries to use strings that aren't defined there.

They are
dispatcher.includeException
dispatcher.forwardException
both of which are actually defined in
resources/LocalStrings*properties.

I would send a patch, but I don't know if the intent is to use the
strings
from
core or resources.

To use core, the "dispatcher.includeException" and
"dispatcher.forwardException"
strings need to be moved into the core LocalStrings files.

To use resources, the "rdi.forward.ise" needs to be moved into the
resources
LocalStrings files and the RequestDispatcherImpl.java needs to be
modified
to get a StringManager for the resources package instead of the core
package.

I don't think this is applicable to Tomcat 3.3 or 4.0, but maybe if
there is
ever a 3.2.3
release it can be included.

Shawn