Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Jason Haar <ja...@trimble.com> on 2017/10/10 02:06:18 UTC

have got auth-header working - but can't see any "" options

Hi there

I've just started playing with guacamole and have successfully got as far
as creating a standalone user-profile (ie username/password)
in user-mapping.xml - some RDP and SSH sessions - all working fine.

So then I got more adventurous and decided on testing auth-header - as we
would run such a beast behind an Apache reverse-proxy - so time to test.
Well I've got the Apache server sending "X-User: email@address", and now
when I connect I see I am automagically logged in as "email@address" -
great! But there's no "profile" (for want of a better term).

So then I edited user-mapping.xml and created a fake account for
"email@address" , and cut-n-pasted my working standalone user profile into
it (ie the same RDP and SSH "<connection>"'s). Restarted tomcat and -
nothing.

Whatever I try, all I get is an empty profile - no actual terminal
services. Also, if I access the account's "Settings", all I get is the
turning "cog wheel" - but nothing actually comes up. If I did that on my
standalone account, I get to change my default language/etc.

Any ideas what I missed?

Thanks

This is guacamole under CentOS-7,
with guacamole-auth-header-0.9.13-incubating.tar.gz

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +1 408 481 8171

Re: have got auth-header working - but can't see any "" options

Posted by Jason Haar <ja...@trimble.com>.
Hi Nick

You hit it on the head - it needs JDBC to work. I figured that out between
sending my email and your reply :-/

With the JDBC module in place, I can create an empty user profile, then
connect via auth-header and get the mapping. And there is a full-blown
connector editor in there too! That needs to be advertised more - that
alone is reason enough to use JDBC :-)

Thanks

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
Jason,