Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Kirk Fraser <ov...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/17 19:36:22 UTC

Fwd: How to install 4.0 Dictionary Update?

I downloaded the dictionary .zip file but it does not open with OO 4.0 so
how do I install it?  The readme file in the .zip is useless, talking
license only, not help.

Sincerely,
Kirk W. Fraser
http://freetom.info/TrueChurch - Replace the fraud churches with the true
church.
http://congressionalbiblestudy.org - Fix America by first fixing its
Christian foundation.
http://freetom.info - Example of False Justice common in America

Re: Fwd: How to install 4.0 Dictionary Update?

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 10:36:22 -0700
Kirk Fraser <ov...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I downloaded the dictionary .zip file but it does not open with OO 4.0 so
> how do I install it?  The readme file in the .zip is useless, talking
> license only, not help.

At system level rename the file to type .oxt, double click it and OpenOffice should install it. If it has been renamed to type .zip, this is because Internet Explorer is badly behaved.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Fwd: How to install 4.0 Dictionary Update?

Posted by Scooter <sc...@scootersdesk.com>.
Thanks Rory.
I tried Chrome and wha-la the downloads were what they're supposed to be.

Take Care,
Scooter

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

Posted by Kirk Fraser <ov...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the help.  Trying to rename it produced dict-en.oxt.zip so I
deleted it, used control panel to upgrade Chrome to my default browser, and
downloaded again with open after download - this time it showed no problem.

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Kirk,