Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Shady Hussein <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/04 11:46:51 UTC

Combining Drug and Concept annotations

Dear All,
   I discovered that cTAKES doesn't recognize all the medical entities as
concepts. There is a difference between using the normal UMLS dictionary in
"/cdpdesc/analysis_engine/AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml" and
"/drugnerdesc/analysis_engine/DrugAggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml". The
later can detect all the drugs, while the first can't.

My question now is how to combine between both of those dictionaries. So i
can detect all the drugs and concepts mentioned in the text. I would be
grateful if somebody can help me :)

--
Thanks and best Regards,

Shady AbdelAziz

Re: Combining Drug and Concept annotations

Posted by Shady Hussein <sh...@gmail.com>.
The last change improved the results a lot. Currently i am using the
descriptor you sent me plus the last change and i think the results are
very satisfiable.

Iam still investigating other stuff regarding the detection and filtering
of the cTAKES. cause sometimes entities are detected and some other times
they are not. I need to know what is happening and what is the pattern. I
will keep you updated with the results

Thanks all for your consideration and attention

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.

Posted by Shady Hussein <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
I'm attaching something you can try.

I'm assuming you are using cTAKES 2.5.
1) put the attached file in cTAKESdesc\cdpdesc\analysis_engine
2) update cTAKESdesc\lookupdesc\analysis_engine\DictionaryLookupAnnotatorUMLS.xml with your UMLS username and password

Posted by shady hussein <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pei,

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Shady,