Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by danimni <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/11 13:26:23 UTC

"If Controller" - case sensitive

Hi,
I was wondering if there is a way to "tell" the "If Controller" to test the
condition with NO case sensitive.
for example:
I have "If Controller" with the following condition:

"${ListenHostName}" == "${MyHost}"

if ${ListenHostName} value is let’s say: "VM1_NAME" and ${MyHost} value is
"vm1_name".
in this case, the "If Controller" result will be FALSE.
Is there a way to set the controller to be with NO case sensitive?

Thanks,
Dan.

Re: "If Controller" - case sensitive

Posted by danimni <da...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Sebb.
i used javascript. working great! :)

Re: "If Controller" - case sensitive

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 11 November 2012 12:26, danimni <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if there is a way to "tell" the "If Controller" to test the
> condition with NO case sensitive.
> for example:
> I have "If Controller" with the following condition:
>
> "${ListenHostName}" == "${MyHost}"
>
> if ${ListenHostName} value is let’s say: "VM1_NAME" and ${MyHost} value is
> "vm1_name".
> in this case, the "If Controller" result will be FALSE.
> Is there a way to set the controller to be with NO case sensitive?

The If Controller docn

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#If_Controller

shows that the condition is by default interpreted as Javascript, so
it's just necessary to tell Javascript to do a case-blind comparison.

For Java that would be

"${ListenHostName}".equalsIgnoreCase("${MyHost}")

I don't know Javascript but I imagine it has something similar, if not
identical.