Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by MIS <mi...@mesaintl.com> on 2002/03/07 17:46:03 UTC

possible oversight

I may have found an oversight in the latest mod_webapp source distribution.
The file .../webapp/apache-13/Makefile.in is looking for APR files, but
according to http://apr.apache.org/ APR is only supported on Apache 2.x.  Am
I mistaken?  If so I apologize for consuming your time.  So far I am unable
to build the module for my Apache 1.3.22 server.  I have Tomcat 4.0.3
running and I love it.

Regards,

Len Huppe
Mesa MIS
P 603-456-2002 x238
F 603-456-2112
lenhuppe@mesaintl.com

Re: possible oversight

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
MIS wrote:

> I may have found an oversight in the latest mod_webapp source distribution.
> The file .../webapp/apache-13/Makefile.in is looking for APR files, but
> according to http://apr.apache.org/ APR is only supported on Apache 2.x.

No, It is Apache Portable Runtime, if you read the page carefull you will note
that Subversion also uses it.
I think mod_webapp is too small to be mentioned on this APR page.
jakarta-commons-sandbox/daemon will also use APR.

Re: possible oversight

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.