Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jeffrey Liu <je...@ca.ibm.com> on 2005/03/03 03:24:50 UTC

Eclipse update manager site for Axis?

Hi,

I work on the Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP). One of the
features included in WTP is the ability to generate a Web service that
targets Axis. Obviously, in order to do that, a user would need to
"install" Axis into WTP. The install steps are not easy, in fact, they are
quite painful... What would be nice is if we can host an Eclipse update
manager site on the Axis Web site, so that users can just point to the URL
and Axis will be installed automatically. I'll be interested in
contributing this piece of the work. Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff