Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com> on 2015/05/21 21:43:36 UTC

[DISCUSS] end-of-maintenance for Accumulo 1.5

Hi folks!

Over the last several months, the Accumulo development community has seen a
drop off in jiras reported against and fixes for the 1.5 release line.
Given the lack of apparent demand and the added development cost of
maintaining the branch, the development community is considering declaring
end of maintenance.

If you are actively using Accumulo 1.5 we'd love to hear

* What blockers, if any keep you from moving to 1.6
* What timeline you anticipate needing to move to 1.6

Absent feedback from the user community, the current plan is

# Release Accumulo 1.5.3
# Archive the 1.5 development branch (as we did for 1.4)
# Cease accepting any non-Critical issues that don't impact at least
version 1.6.0.

In the event of a critical issue against the 1.5 line, we'd reopen
development to resolve that issue and issue a very tightly scoped release.

--
Sean

Re: [DISCUSS] end-of-maintenance for Accumulo 1.5

Posted by James Hughes <jn...@virginia.edu>.
Hi all,

GeoMesa is planning on supporting Accumulo 1.6 and 1.7.  We may have a few
places where Accumulo 1.5 may still be in use, but as the Accumulo
community moves forward, we're coming along;)

Cheers,

Jim

Posted by Mike Atlas <mi...@weft.io>.
GeoMesa is still 1.5.x, I think?