Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Suresh Subbiah <su...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/29 17:40:44 UTC

Draft for August Trafodion podling status report

Hi,

Please give your feedback on this status report. I copied the July version
and made some edits.

Thank you
Suresh

Trafodion

Trafodion is a webscale SQL-on-Hadoop solution enabling transactional
or operational workloads on Hadoop.

Trafodion has been incubating since 2015-05-24.

Four most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:

1. Develop community and a deeper understanding of the Apache Way. Move all
communication to project public dlists.
2. Complete wiki migration and build website.
3. Resolve remaining license conflicts.
4. Make our first Apache (incubating) release.

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware
of?

None.

All issues are now discussed through JIRAs.
An on boarding process for new contributors has been documented in the wiki.
We have 30 contributors from more than 4 organizations.
Invited to present at Hadoop Conference in China (name?)

Website up at http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/
5 pages added to the wiki at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/
Daily builds are being done using a CI system outside of ASF Infrastructure.
17 authors have made 29 commits to master in July. 165 files changed, 9518
lines additions, 5742 deletions.
With migration from previous issue tracking system completed we have 1415
JIRAs created and 36 resolved in July 2015

Date of last release:

We have not done a release of Trafodion since incubation.

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

Steve Varnau elected as committer on July 16, 2015.

RE: Draft for August Trafodion podling status report

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <gu...@esgyn.com>.
Great news! Rohit will, as usual, rock it!

Gunnar

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Isn't the report over July for the IPMC meeting in August?

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hans Zeller <ha...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Dave, sorry, and thanks for the clarification. I think the simple answer
is no.

Hans

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.
Hi,