Posted to users@maven.apache.org by edward cook <ec...@yahoo.com> on 2010/01/10 17:28:47 UTC

windows 7- build error - on install

I get the following error when tying to install Maven on Windows 7
I have Java installed and am now trying to install Maven.

C:\Users\user\Documents\apache-maven-2.2.1\bin>mvn clean install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Cannot execute mojo: clean. It requires a project with an existing pom.xml, but the build is not using one.

How can I resolve this error?
Where should the pom.xml file be located?
Should the pom.xml be generated on the binary extraction or during the install?

thanks,
Ed

Re: windows 7- build error - on install

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
I suggest you read this to get started with Maven:
http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnex-book/reference/public-book.html

/Anders