Posted to user@spark.apache.org by shyla deshpande <de...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/10 00:17:10 UTC

Spark streaming giving me a bunch of WARNINGS, please help me understand them

WARN  Use an existing SparkContext, some configuration may not take effect.
         I wanted to restart the spark streaming app, so stopped the
running and issued a new spark submit. Why and how it will use a existing
         SparkContext?

WARN  Spark is not running in local mode, therefore the checkpoint
directory must not be on the local filesystem. Directory
'file:/efs/checkpoint' appears to be on the local filesystem.

WARN  overriding enable.auto.commit to false for executor
WARN  overriding auto.offset.reset to none for executor
WARN  overriding executor group.id to spark-executor-mygroupid
WARN  overriding receive.buffer.bytes to 65536 see KAFKA-3135

Re: Spark streaming giving me a bunch of WARNINGS, please help meunderstand them

Posted by Cody Koeninger <co...@koeninger.org>.
The warnings regarding configuration on the executor are for the
executor kafka consumer, not the driver kafka consumer.

In general, the executor kafka consumers should consume only exactly
the offsets the driver told them to, and not be involved in committing
offsets / part of the same group as the driver.  That's why those
configurations are forcibly overriden.

In short those warnings are normal, the main thing you should be
concerned about is the checkpoint.

Posted by shyla deshpande <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 萝卜丝炒饭 <14...@qq.com>.