Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2012/06/05 10:14:12 UTC

Import range settings for maven bundle plugin

Hi all,

we recently discussed in the Karaf dev list that we need to control the
version ranges for Import-Package for some imports.
For example if we want to be ready for aries 1.0.0 but also work with
older aries versions we have to set something like [0.5,2) instead of
the [0.5,1) the maven bundle plugin would generate by default.

Currently it is already possbile to define manual Import-Package
statements but this way we loose the nice detection of needed packages
the bundle plugin (bnd) does. So I think it would be ideal if we could
define a set of rules for the import ranges in the parent pom. So the
bundle plugin could detect the needed packages like before but simply
use a different version range. This would avoid a lot of additional
configuration and probably also avoid having unnecessary import
statements that someone perhaps simply forgot to delete.

Is something like this already possible? If not then could it be added?

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: Import range settings for maven bundle plugin

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Yes, iirc, if you look at camel root pom, I think it already does that.
 It's really just about using maven properties and use them in the plugin
configuration.

On Tuesday, June 5, 2012, Christian Schneider wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we recently discussed in the Karaf dev list that we need to control the
> version ranges for Import-Package for some imports.
> For example if we want to be ready for aries 1.0.0 but also work with
> older aries versions we have to set something like [0.5,2) instead of the
> [0.5,1) the maven bundle plugin would generate by default.
>
> Currently it is already possbile to define manual Import-Package
> statements but this way we loose the nice detection of needed packages the
> bundle plugin (bnd) does. So I think it would be ideal if we could define a
> set of rules for the import ranges in the parent pom. So the bundle plugin
> could detect the needed packages like before but simply use a different
> version range. This would avoid a lot of additional configuration and
> probably also avoid having unnecessary import statements that someone
> perhaps simply forgot to delete.
>
> Is something like this already possible? If not then could it be added?
>
> Christian
>
> --
> Christian Schneider
> http://www.liquid-reality.de