Posted to muse-dev@ws.apache.org by Eitan Plotnik <ep...@cisco.com> on 2008/04/28 10:49:04 UTC

Issue in EndpointReference.equals() method

I have a test client registering for notifications.
When I run the client from 2 different machines at the same time, using the
same server, some of the notifications are sent to the wrong client.

I noticed that EndpointReference.equals() method explicitly doesn't compare
the IP address part.

Does the test client must generate a unique (machine based? timestamp?)
subscriber uri part after the IP address?

Thanks,
Eitan.

RE: Issue in EndpointReference.equals() method

Posted by Ch...@swisscom.com.
I think it should make 3.0, it seems quite critical and counter
intuiative.  I would however like to know if others on this list agree
with the idea before making a jira.  (although logic escapes me as to
why we wouldn't want it ^_^ i've made a lot of nice errors recently -
see the 270 patches's thread context classloader bugs for example - and
I'd prefer a concensus on it)

Posted by Eitan Plotnik <ep...@cisco.com>.

Chris,