Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by Talha_Arshad <ta...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/07 12:25:21 UTC

Bigtop 3.2.0 repository issue in ambari for Ubuntu 22.04

Hi,

I am trying to build an environment where I can use big data services like
hadoop, hive, hbase, etc. I want to configure, manage and monitor these
services through ambari. So I installed ambari 2.7.5 using bigtop, then I
installed the latest ambari-mpack from bigtop on the ambari server. Now when i
try to install clusters in my ambari web UI the only available OS is redhat 7
(as you can see in attached Image_1). I want Ubuntu 22 OS. I tried to
configure mpack manually to add ubuntu. so I found a file where that OS is
configured in following location:
"/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/mpacks/bgtp-ambari-
mpack-1.0.0.0-SNAPSHOT/stacks/BGTP/1.0/repos/repoinfo.xml"
That file consist following content:

"

<reposinfo>
  <os family="redhat7">
    <repo>
      <baseurl>[http://repos.bigtop.apache.org/releases/3.2.0/centos/7/$basearch](http://repos.bigtop.apache.org/releases/3.2.0/centos/7/$basearch)</baseurl>
      <repoid>BGTP-1.0</repoid>
      <reponame>BGTP</reponame>
    </repo>
  </os>
</reposinfo>

"

I tried to add Ubuntu manually. So when i add following content in that file
to add ubuntu 18 from bigtop 3.1.1 it worked properly (as you can see in
attached Image_2):

"

  <os family="ubuntu18">
    <repo>
      <baseurl>[http://repos.bigtop.apache.org/releases/3.1.1/ubuntu/18.04/$(ARCH)](http://repos.bigtop.apache.org/releases/3.1.1/ubuntu/18.04/$\(ARCH\))</baseurl>
      <repoid>BGTP-1.0</repoid>
      <reponame>BGTP</reponame>
    </repo>
  </os>

"

When i try to add following content for Ubuntu 22 from bigtop 3.2.0 then it is
not working (as you can see in attached Image_3):

"

  <os family="ubuntu22">
    <repo>
      <baseurl>[http://repos.bigtop.apache.org/releases/3.2.0/ubuntu/22.04/$(ARCH)](http://repos.bigtop.apache.org/releases/3.2.0/ubuntu/22.04/$\(ARCH\))</baseurl>
      <repoid>BGTP-1.0</repoid>
      <reponame>BGTP</reponame>
    </repo>
  </os>

"

Same issue is with Ubuntu 20 in both bigtop 3.1.1 and 3.2.0. I want to install
my tools on Ubuntu 22.04 using bigtop 3.2.0.

Please assist me to resolve this issue.

Thank You.