Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Owen McShane <om...@vianetworks.co.uk> on 2004/12/07 12:04:02 UTC

Re: www.rulesemporium.com

jdow@earthlink.net said:
> Fascinating - "whois" doesn't even report a vistage of the name. {^_^}

Does for me:

[owen@bass owen]$ jwhois rulesemporium.com
[Querying whois.internic.net]
[Redirected to whois.enom.com]
[Querying whois.enom.com]
[whois.enom.com]

Registration Service Provided By: NxTek Solutions Inc
Contact: nic@nxtek.net
Visit: http://www.nxtek.net

Domain name: rulesemporium.com

Administrative Contact:
   NxTek Solutions Inc
   NxTek Solutions (nic@nxtek.net)
   +1.2606728816
   Fax: +1.2606728816
   577 Geiger Dr
   Roanoke, IN 46783
   US

Billing Contact:
   NxTek Solutions Inc
   NxTek Solutions (nic@nxtek.net)
   +1.2606728816
   Fax: +1.2606728816
   577 Geiger Dr
   Roanoke, IN 46783
   US

Technical Contact:
   NxTek Solutions Inc
   NxTek Solutions (nic@nxtek.net)
   +1.2606728816
   Fax: +1.2606728816
   577 Geiger Dr
   Roanoke, IN 46783
   US

Registrant Contact:
   NxTek Solutions Inc
   NxTek Solutions (nic@nxtek.net)
   +1.2606728816
   Fax: +1.2606728816
   577 Geiger Dr
   Roanoke, IN 46783
   US

Name Servers:
   ns1.nxtek.net
   ns2.nxtek.net

Creation date: 16 Oct 2003 17:25:32
Expiration date: 16 Oct 2005 17:25:32

That Status: Locked doesn't look too good.

Neither the root servers or the two referenced in the above lookup know nothing about the domain, so it's totally up the creek...

 Via Net.Works UK Ltd
 Local Touch Global Reach
 Owen McShane			Systems Administrator
 http://www.vianetworks.co.uk	Tel +44 (0)1925 484444

Re: www.rulesemporium.com

Posted by Rick Macdougall <ri...@nougen.com>.

Ricardo Campos Passanezi wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 11:09:50AM -0000, Martyn Drake wrote:
>
>>Indeed it is - perhaps somebody accidently nuked the zone from the
>>nameserver by accident :)
>

> Take a look at:
> http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=rulesemporium.com
>
> It has failed for many parameters...

I'll take a look.  I'm not in charge of that DNS server or the
rulesemporium.com domain but I do have access to that machine.

Regards,

Rick

Re: www.rulesemporium.com

Posted by Ricardo Campos Passanezi <ri...@ige.unicamp.br>.

--
Ricardo Campos Passanezi - Network Analyst
PGP & GPG public key at:   http://www.ige.unicamp.br/~riccp

RE: www.rulesemporium.com

Posted by Martyn Drake <ma...@drake.org.uk>.
Owen McShane wrote on 07 December 2004 11:04:

> That Status: Locked doesn't look too good.

I always thought that was the register lock so that nobody can make changes
to the domain name (i.e. change nameservers) until the domain has been
unlocked.  It's an anti-abuse system.  Normally you would have to login to
your domain registrar's control panel, set the domain to unlock, make
whatever changes you need and then lock the domain again.

> Neither the root servers or the two referenced in the above lookup
> know nothing about the domain, so it's totally up the creek...

Indeed it is - perhaps somebody accidently nuked the zone from the
nameserver by accident :)

M.