Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/04/11 19:52:27 UTC

Will you take the AOO Community Survey?

http://www.openofficesurvey.org//index.php?sid=92484&lang=en

This is intended to be a fun survey for AOO community members and a test of
whether LimeSurvey is a good tool for us to use.

Aside for the interesting data we might get about the AOO project, this
test survey will help us try out the LimeSurvey software.  This experience
will help us better design and execute a larger survey of end users at a
later point in time.

Regards,

-Rob

Re: Will you take the AOO Community Survey?

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
Reminder:  If you have not yet filled out the survey, please try to submit
results before the end of the week.

Thanks!

-Rob

Posted by Lazaros Gymnopoulos <la...@gmail.com>.
Great survey tool! Great survey!

Lazaros

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
On Apr 11, 2013 10:36 PM, "Rob Weir" <ro...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM, janI <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> > > spain
> > > it.
> > > >

> > > Good catch.  It looks like it sorted by country code (es).   I should
be
> > > able to fix that.
> > >
> > > One other error I saw some someone entering the year they started
using
> > > OpenOffice rather than how many years they have been using it.  I can
> > > prevent that with better field-level validation.

> > > OpenOffice?"
> > an
> > > >

> > > That particular field type is for ranking a fixed set of choices.  But
> > > there are many other field types we can pick from:
> > >
> > > http://docs.limesurvey.org/Question+types
> > >
> > Sounds ok, it is ok to use a fixe set of choices, but I would always
have a
> > choise "other" and allow users to type in text.

> > > as
> > > >

> > > It seems flexible enough.  It can include a CAPTCHA if we're concerned
> > > about robotic submissions.  It also places a cookie to prevent
multiple
> > > submissions, well, at least for those who don't know about cookies ;-)
> > >

> > he, just bypassed the cookies...but I do not think this should be a big
> > concern. I would be happy if someone care so much about AOO that they
write
> > a robot to submit, which by the way would normally be easy to filter
out.

> > > It also appears to allow conditional questions, i.e., show follow up
> > > questions based on answers to previous questions.
> > >

> > That is really good, so we can e.g. go in depth with calc questions if a
> > user actually uses calc.
> >
> > Can we also embed it on our web ?
> >

> Right now it is on my personal server, but in theory we could do something
> like:
>
> 1. Install the software on an Infra server under an
> openoffice.orgsub-domain, say
> survey.openoffice.org (need a LAMP stack)
it could run on the forum server, no need for a separate vm.

> 2. Ask Infra to define a subdomain that points to my server.
the subdomain is neededin any case, depending on infra politics, the
easiest is to let it run on your servver.

if we embed it in our web, we can use your ip addr.

rgds
jan i

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Albino B Neto <bi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Albino B Neto <bi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Rob,

Rob Weir schrieb:
> http://www.openofficesurvey.org//index.php?sid=92484&lang=en
>
> This is intended to be a fun survey for AOO community members and a test of
> whether LimeSurvey is a good tool for us to use.
>
> Aside for the interesting data we might get about the AOO project, this
> test survey will help us try out the LimeSurvey software.  This experience
> will help us better design and execute a larger survey of end users at a
> later point in time.

The language drop-down list has an odd sorting. I saw "Germany" between
"C" and "D". It seems, that it has been sorted as "Deutschland".

Kind regards
Regina

Re: Will you take the AOO Community Survey?

Posted by Albino B Neto <bi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Albino B Neto <bi...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu.ac.at>.
On 11.04.2013 19:52, Rob Weir wrote:
> http://www.openofficesurvey.org//index.php?sid=92484&lang=en
>
> This is intended to be a fun survey for AOO community members and a test of
> whether LimeSurvey is a good tool for us to use.
>
> Aside for the interesting data we might get about the AOO project, this
> test survey will help us try out the LimeSurvey software.  This experience
> will help us better design and execute a larger survey of end users at a
> later point in time.
Just a hint: make the roles people play (committer, etc.) in the project checkbox items, such that
more than one role can be picked.

Also, you could add to the roles people play some role like "lurker of the AOO mailing lists" or
so... :)

---rony

Re: Will you take the AOO Community Survey?

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 2:30 PM, FR web forum <oo...@free.fr> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> >This is intended to be a fun survey for AOO community members and a test
> of
> >whether LimeSurvey is a good tool for us to use.
> Is it expected to translate into other languages?

I didn't do it in this smaller, community survey.  But LimeSurvey does
support translation.  So for the end-user survey we should definitely
translate.

Posted by FR web forum <oo...@free.fr>.
Hello list,