Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Steve Fogel <ST...@ORACLE.COM> on 2011/01/06 01:11:51 UTC

Misalignment of list-item label and body when different fonts

Hi, all.

With FOP 0.95, for a list block that represents an ordered list of steps, we are attempting to use Helvetica for the numeric list item label, and Palatino for the list item body.

In the PDF output, the numeric label does not properly align vertically with the text of the step (the list item body). The label is slightly below where it needs to be. I have tried fiddling with attributes to no avail. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Thanks

Steve

--
HYPERLINK "http://www.oracle.com/" \nOracle
Steve Fogel | Information Architect, Oracle Database

HYPERLINK "http://www.oracle.com/commitment" \nGreen Oracle

Re: Misalignment of list-item label and body when different fonts

Posted by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr>.
Hi,
What you need here is the relative-align property, witch is
unfortunately not yet supported by FOP (see [1] & [2]).
As a work-around, you can add a space-before property on the 1st element
of the list-item-body, with the .conditionality set to 'retain'

[1]
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-property-relative-align
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#relative-align

--