Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Jeffrey Dever <js...@sympatico.ca> on 2003/01/26 00:46:27 UTC

[Announce] HttpClient 2.0 Alpha 2 Released!

After many months and a great resurgence of developers, the new build of
/HttpClient/ is finally here. The new group of developers has done
extensive refactoring to move the project along the new vision. The code
base has reached a significant level of maturity and we expect that the
beta builds will come quickly and that the final release of 2.0 is not
far away!

This is the first Maven based release with distributions and the website
all generated by maven goals.  While it has been a long time coming for
this release drop, (I won't even say *how* long) we will be focused on
bug fixes and improvements as we stabilize towards a final release of 2.0.

Check it out on the website:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/

The entire HttpClient development team.