Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Hadoop Raj <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2013/08/29 06:51:06 UTC

Hadoop client user

Hi,

I have a hadoop learning environment on a pseudo distributed mode. It is owned by the user 'hadoop'.

I am trying to get an understanding on how can another user on this box can act as a Hadoop client and able to create HDFS files and run Map Reduce jobs. Say I have a Linux user 'user1'.

What permissions , privileges and configuration settings are required for 'user1' to act as a Hadoop client?

Thanks,
Raj

Re: Hadoop client user

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.
Put that user in hadoop group...
And if the user wants to hadoop client, then the use should be aware
of two properties fs.default.name which is the address of NameNode and
mapred.job.tracker which is the address of job tracker
Regards,
Som Shekhar Sharma
+91-8197243810

Re: Hadoop client user

Posted by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hadoop client user

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.

Thanks Harsh. That is a very good explanation.

I am trying to understand how in a production cluster, hadoop user and hadoop clients would be.

What users should exist in NN, JT, DN ?

Regards,
Rajendra

________________________________