Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by atul singh <si...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/01 13:46:32 UTC

Feedback message related problem--info,debug etc take string arguments which is not very flexible

Hi,
I see that only error() feedback takes a serializabel message. This allows
me to pass any java object as message and implement custom filtering of
messages by components.
but info,debug etc take a string and so do not help me in that kind of
filtering.
Actually what we have is a TabbedWizard thing, a hybrid of TabbedPanel and
Wizard. We have such a requirement to target feedback messages to very
specific feedback components on any of the tabs. This is also not possible
by implementing this logic based on the reporting component. I wanted the
implementation to be generic , just based on info encapsulated in the
message.
Can anyone suggest an alternative?
Can the info(),debug() etc method signatures be changed to have such
flexibility???
Thanks

Re: Feedback message related problem--info,debug etc take string arguments which is not very flexible

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
we havent done it yet because it is an API break. so we have been
waiting for wicket1.5/2.0 whatever to do this.

-igor

Posted by atul singh <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>.
Hi, Atul,