Posted to users@camel.apache.org by newbiee <m_...@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/02 03:09:09 UTC

passing byte array

My route is something like this:

      <from uri="timer://myTimer?fixedRate=true&amp;period=600000" />
        <setBody><constant>C08005005472C0</constant></setBody>

The message is suppose to be sent as a byte array. Whereas I am sending it
as a string. How can I set the body to the byte array.

Thank you

Re: passing byte array

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <ak...@fusesource.com>.
HI,

For more detail check out the following links

http://camel.apache.org/convertbodyto.html
http://camel.apache.org/convertbodyto.html
http://camel.apache.org/type-converter.html
http://camel.apache.org/type-converter.html

Cheers,

Ashwin...

-----
Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
FUSESource (a Progress Software Corporation subsidiary)
http://fusesource.com

Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com

Re: passing byte array

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <ak...@fusesource.com>.
Hi,

Here is how to do it

    <route>
	  <from uri="direct:in"/>
               <setBody><constant>C08005005472C0</constant></setBody>
	       <convertBodyTo type="java.lang.byte[]" charset="utf-16"/>
               <to uri="mock:out"/>
    </route>

The endpoint mock:out should receive a byte[]...

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ashwin...

-----