Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by john muth <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/17 21:12:34 UTC

ServiceMix Ant tasks: accept URL for file

I have been playing with the Servicemix Ant tasks,
with good luck so far.

I was wondering whether there's any reason not to make
the install tasks accept URLs (as an alternative to
File paths).

Take the install-component task as an example.
If I'm reading the code correctly (big if!), a small
change to the InstallComponentTask.doExecute method
would do the trick:
 1) don't throw an exception if !archive.isFile()
 2) if "file" is not a file, assume it's a URL and
pass it through to acs.installComponent instead of
archive.absolutePath

I'm basing my assumption that this would work on the
logic in AutoDeploymentService.unpackLocation, which I
believe is where we end up, stepping through
acs.installComponent -- logic that tries to treat the
'location' string parameter as a URL if it doesn't
look like a file... exactly what I want.

Thanks for any advice,
John Muth

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: ServiceMix Ant tasks: accept URL for file

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sounds a great idea to me. Fancy submitting a patch? :)
http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/contributing.html

--

James
-------