Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu> on 2017/12/21 15:40:13 UTC

maillist.pm module ?

is this plugin used at all ?

i see freemail defines __ml why does it not use maillist.pm to detect
maillists ?

asking since i have a own plugin where i like to use this plugin for my
own needs to detect maillist so my rules does not hit there

could some guide me on how to ?

Re: maillist.pm module ?

Posted by Michael Storz <Mi...@lrz.de>.
Am 2017-12-22 12:04, schrieb Axb:
> On 12/22/2017 10:58 AM, Michael Storz wrote:

>>> don't understand the need for this when a handfull of header rules do
>>> just the same and way more efficiently.
>>> What am I missing?
>>
>> This is interesting. Can you explain why a handfull of header rules
>> would be more efficient than using a dedicated Perl module? I always
>> thought the opposite would be true.
>>
>> Michael
>
> Why do you think the use of a dedicated Perl module would be the
> better choice for this case?

Because header rules are another layer on top of Perl. Perl uses
short-circuit evaluation for boolean operators whereas meta rules
evaluate all terms. Several functions of HeaderEval.pm could be
expressed by header rules, but they have been programmed as procedures.

Michael

Re: maillist.pm module ?

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.

Re: maillist.pm module ?