Posted to user@struts.apache.org by John Brayton <jb...@virtualsanity.com> on 2004/07/14 17:10:55 UTC

Re: Please HELP with HARD problem: STRUTS-tags VS Proxy, Weblogic loadbalancing, and BASE tag

> Accessed through the proxy, the RequestUtils.getActionMappingURL() that
> (it
> appears) does the real work inside those tags produces wrong servername /
> port combinations (correct would be the Proxy's name on port 80).

You could write a filter to create a ServletRequestWrapper to override
relevant methods of the Request.  I'm not sure which ones would need
overriding, but likely candidates are:

java.lang.String getProtocol()
java.lang.String getScheme()
java.lang.String getServerName()
int getServerPort()
boolean isSecure()

This would change what the request looked like, from the perspective of
Struts or any other servlet.

[I'm not familiar at all with Netscape/Weblogic, so another list member
may have a better way of doing this than writing a filter.]

Based on your description, I'm not sure that the JSP tags are the cause of
the session info being set incorrectly.  Make sure that the session
management is strictly using cookies (not client IP address), and that the
cookie is not being set with a fixed (and incorrect) hostname.  Also,
verify that the load balancer is not sending requests belonging to a
single session across multiple servlet containers.

John