Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Baptiste Mathus <ml...@batmat.net> on 2014/02/05 21:15:22 UTC

Re: IOUtil.contentEqualsIgnoreEOL ?

Anyone?
I suppose I have my answer, I'll leave the current patch as-is :-)

2014-01-28 Baptiste Mathus <ml...@batmat.net>:

> Hi all,
>
> I created ARCHETYPE-456 yesterday for m-archetype-p to support comparing
> directories for integration-testing ignoring the EOL/newline encoding [1].
> Currently, I put that code directory in the plugin. But I guess it'd
> better be placed alongside already existing IOUtil.contentEquals() method?
>
> I can create the associated JIRA and patch if seen as useful. But I'd like
> to check here before this wouldn't be seen as the wrong choice. This will
> prevent me from preparing a svn patch if this is gonna be rejected anyway
> :-).
>
> Btw, interestingly, this "contentEqualsIgnoreEOL" already exists in Apache
> commons-io [1].
>
> Thanks
>
> Cheers
>
> [1] https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ARCHETYPE-456
> [2] http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-io/apidocs/org/apache/commons/io/IOUtils.html#contentEqualsIgnoreEOL(java.io.Reader,
> java.io.Reader)
>
> --
> Baptiste

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: IOUtil.contentEqualsIgnoreEOL ?

Posted by Baptiste Mathus <bm...@batmat.net>.
Interesting, so I guess the long-term plan about custom deps is still
something to discuss ;-).
Anyway, if anyone wants cares about that jira some day, I'll be happy to
rewrite the patch as adviced if deemed necessary.

Baptiste

> How about org.codehaus.plexus.util.StringUtils#unifyLineSeparators(String)
> ?
>
> We're already using plexus-utils, so that saves us another dependency :)
>
> Robert
>
> Op Wed, 05 Feb 2014 22:07:51 +0100 schreef Barrie Treloar <
> baerrach@gmail.com>:
>

>  On 6 February 2014 06:45, Baptiste Mathus <ml...@batmat.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone?
>>> I suppose I have my answer, I'll leave the current patch as-is :-)
>>>

>> Isn't the long term plan to drop anything custom and use existing code?
>> If its already in commons-io just use that instead.

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: IOUtil.contentEqualsIgnoreEOL ?

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.