Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by John ORourke <jo...@o-rourke.org> on 2008/09/19 09:39:17 UTC

scoreboard access from other processes

Hi folks,

Is there a method of accessing the scoreboard of a running httpd from
outside of that process?

I often find the times I want to see the output of mod_status are when
the server is too busy for me to access it reliably so I figured a
command line version would be useful.

It that's not possible, is there a way to reserve a child for a
particular request, vhost, or source IP?

thanks
John

Re: scoreboard access from other processes

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.
John ORourke wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Is there a method of accessing the scoreboard of a running httpd from
> outside of that process?
>
> I often find the times I want to see the output of mod_status are when
> the server is too busy for me to access it reliably so I figured a
> command line version would be useful.
>
> It that's not possible, is there a way to reserve a child for a
> particular request, vhost, or source IP?
>
> thanks
> John

mod_backdoor does this:
http://people.apache.org/~trawick/mod_backdoor.c
http://people.apache.org/~trawick/mod_backdoor.txt

You could also write your own module that ran in the parent process, or
something that spawned an extra thread in a child....

-Paul