Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Russell Brown <Ru...@ioko.com> on 2008/12/05 15:50:03 UTC

T5: Clicking on actionLonk with a zone parameter before page loads

Hi,

I have some AJAX calls from actionLinks. If a user clicks on the
actionLink before the page is fully loaded I get the exception

A component event handler method returned the value
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.BlockImpl@1095fd3. Return type
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.BlockImpl can not be handled.
Configured return types are java.lang.Class, java.lang.String,
java.net.URL, org.apache.tapestry5.Link,
org.apache.tapestry5.StreamResponse,
org.apache.tapestry5.runtime.Component.

Is this something to do with javascript setting up the zones on load?

Is there a work around or a planned fix for this? We use ajax calls all
over the site and everyone can cause this kind of explosion if we have a
fast clicker.

Cheers

Russell

Re: T5: Clicking on actionLonk with a zone parameter before page loads

Posted by Ben Gidley <be...@gidley.co.uk>.
Russell,
I you look at YUI's event model I belive it handles this better.

YUI Event - http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/event/ will allow you define
events before DOM Ready and queues them until after.

This should be a good way to solve this problem.

Ben

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.