Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Denis Kezerashvili <de...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/01 14:11:45 UTC

Using EJBs deployed in JBoss from Tomcat

I am having issues trying to uses session beans deployed on JBoss 5.0.0CR1 server. I am tryingto access them from a stand alone Tomcat Server 6.0.16.
The issue is that I am missing javax.ejb.Handle class. As far as I know it is part of ejb-api.jar. However I am unable to locate such a jar anywhere. Am I supposed to grab a javaee.jar, explode it, remover javax.servlet directory (so that there is no conflict with servlet-api.jar in Tomcat) debuild the jar and use it? Seems a little convoluted to me.
If anyone has experience accessing JBoss deployed session EJBs from Tomcat I would really appraciate any pointers.

Thank you

Denis