Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Alan Hazelton <ah...@axeda.com> on 2010/03/16 17:02:19 UTC

[ApacheDS] Is the entrydn virtual attribute available?

Is it possible to configure the entrydn virtual attribute with Apache DS
1.5.5?  I have a server application using the Sun ONE Directory Server
5.2 and makes use of the 'entrydn' virtual attribute.  I found some old
posts about adding this to the ApacheDS release but my server
application is not seeing it in the returned attributes for a user.

So, is it available?  If so should it just be working or do I need to
enable it?

Thanks in advance
-Alan

Re: [ApacheDS] Is the entrydn virtual attribute available?

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
Alan Hazelton schrieb:
> Is it possible to configure the entrydn virtual attribute with Apache DS
> 1.5.5?  I have a server application using the Sun ONE Directory Server
> 5.2 and makes use of the 'entrydn' virtual attribute.  I found some old
> posts about adding this to the ApacheDS release but my server
> application is not seeing it in the returned attributes for a user.
>
> So, is it available?  If so should it just be working or do I need to
> enable it?

No, it is not yet available.

It should be very easy to implement using a new interceptor. [1]
provides a great example how to implement an interceptor for write
operations, for search operation it should be easier.

Are you interested in writing one? If you need assistence don't hesitate
to ask.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1]http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/62-implementing-a-simple-custom-interceptor.html