Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Lawrence Ang <la...@pobox.org.sg> on 2003/05/05 11:38:07 UTC

Handler Scope (Axis Userguide Example 4)

Hi,

I have managed to get example 4 in the userguide running. The handler is
writing to the logfile as expected. AND the number of accesses is increasing
with each call.

And thats where the problem is.

I read from somewhere in the architecture guide that the default scope if not
specified is "request". Does this mean that the handler would be created at
each request? Or does this statement only apply to the class providing the
service?

If the default scope if "request", then the number of accesses should not be
incrementing. I would expect the counts to remain at 1 with each call. It then
follows that the handler is created with some kind of "application" scope (?).

Anyone has any insights on this?

-Lawrence Ang