Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by A J <s5...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/07 19:01:11 UTC

List nodes where write was applied to

Is there a way to find what all nodes was a write applied to ? It
could be a successful write (i.e. w was met) or unsuccessful write
(i.e. less than w nodes were met). In either case, I am interested in
finding:
Number of nodes written to (before timeout or on success)
Name of nodes written to (before timeout or on success)

Thanks.

Re: List nodes where write was applied to

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
The logs will give you some idea, but it's not information that is available as part of a request.

Turn the logging up to DEBUG and watch what happens. You will see the coordinator log where it is sending messages together with some unique identifiers that you will also see logged on the replicas.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton