Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Benjamin Naber <be...@coders-area.de> on 2017/12/15 09:24:41 UTC

Change IP of secodary Storage

Hi together,

is there a way to change the IP address of an active secondary storage ?

King regards

Ben

Re: Change IP of secodary Storage

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Benjamin,

You would struggle to do this fully live (which I guess is what you mean by “active”).

At a guess you would have to:
- disable zone
- delete your SSVM
- ensure no secondary storage operations are in play (e.g.new VMs being created from new templates)
- umount secondary storage on both management server and all hypervisors
- re-IP your NFS head
- update all database entries for secondary storage manually (image store)
- re-mount secondary storage on management and hypervisors
- re-enable zone which will kick off a new SSVM build

The re-mounting of secondary storage may give you some challenges – and as always I would test this thouroughly in a non-prod environment before attempting live.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue