Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID> on 2017/07/10 05:51:15 UTC

Miss the contributing section on the new web site

Hi folks!
A bit of feedback for the new site.It looks really great but there are a few minor glitches still:
* The most important information is missing: How to obtain the source code!This information used to be here in the old site http://tomee.apache.org/contribute.htmlThis whole page is missing, isn't?
* Missing breadcrumbs.The main menu doesn't indicate in which section you are. If you click on 'Admin' it doesn't get highlightes. Feels a bit unnatural for a menu.
* 'Security' points to an old-style page. Wonder why we still have both css around?

I'm really not good at CSS and styling, so just pointing out.
LieGrue,strub

Re: Miss the contributing section on the new web site

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
I knew the community and source pages were there, but I do agree that its
not easy to find. I don't have strong feelings about the order of the tabs
- I sure some would complain if documentation was last. I think the first
paragraph on the community page could do with some more text, and the link
maybe could be more prominent than just the word "there" to make it more
obvious what to click on.

Just my $0.02.

Jon

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
'Community' is literally the LAST tab. And then it's a well hidden link.It's really hard to detect, "Nothing simpler, just go there." And 'there' is a link which is dark magenta instead of black. Mark the page and you don't even see what is a link and what not.Links imo should stand out much better.
The old page had "do a $> git clone ..tomee.git" for getting the source code.Without having to navigate to 3 sub pages.

Hi Mark

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark