Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by venkat <r....@yahoo.com> on 2006/04/06 14:32:32 UTC

HTTP Binding Extension

!-- DIV {margin:0px} -->Hi,

 I am still waiting for my legal approvals and when I'll get them seems indefinite.

 So I am afraid, i cannot contribute the code before Woden 1.0 release. Sorry about it.

 Thanks
 Venkat

Re: HTTP Binding Extension

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com>.
Venkat,

The HTTP binding is very important for REST Web services so please push on
your legal folks. Having Woden support this feature of the spec will help
it become a standard.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
04/06/2006 03:35 PM
Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: HTTP Binding Extension

Venkat,

HTTP bindings are required for the Woden implementation. The milestone
plan will likely need to be adjusted for a few reasons.

1. The code is not complete. The plan was developed with the intention of
picking up a couple extra developers and assuming the two developers
actively working on the project (John and myself) would have more time
than we've had to date.
2. We do not yet have any clients to test the API because of 1. We're set
to shortly start integrating with Axis. WTP integration is still likely
several months off.
3. The test coverage of Woden is not yet at a satisfactory level. For this
project to be adopted it must be reliable and we can't yet make much in
the way of claims for this goal.
4. Woden has not yet met the requirements to exit incubation and Apache
discourages incubating projects from declaring releases.

I'd still welcome your contribution if you can get your legal approval in
the near future. Please keep us posted.

Thanks for all your efforts,

Lawrence Mandel

venkat <r....@yahoo.com>
04/06/2006 08:32 AM

Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
HTTP Binding Extension

Re: HTTP Binding Extension

Re: HTTP Binding Extension

Posted by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Venkat,
thanks for updating us. Please advise if the situation changes.

Having written the wiki design guidelines I'm familiar with this so I'll
take ownership of the Http binding extensions for M5 for now, but if there
are any other potential contributors (preferably non-IBM so we can meet our
incubation goals) who would like to participate please post to this mailing
list.

John Kaputin

             venkat
             <r.venkat@yahoo.c
                                       woden-dev@ws.apache.org
             06/04/2006 13:32                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         HTTP Binding Extension
             woden-dev@ws.apac
                  he.org