Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/09 02:35:39 UTC

Examples source

I don't have time to work on this myself, but just noticed there's an obvious issue with the examples.  No source code.

The old Apache CMS code had an extension we wrote that would generate links and instructions and add them to the end of the page:

 - https://tomee.apache.org/examples-trunk/simple-singleton/README.html

We should do something like that in tomee-site-generator.  I don't have the code up in front of me, but basically we'd want to see where this class is called and write a similar class to append the links to the github source for the example:

 - https://github.com/apache/tomee-site-generator/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/tomee/website/ApisUsed.java

We'll want to make sure that we link to the appropriate tag.  For example:

 - https://github.com/apache/tomee/tree/tomee-8.0.6/examples/application-composer

We could also include a download link for the examples zip:

 - https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tomee/examples/8.0.6/
 - https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tomee/examples/8.0.6/examples-8.0.6-src.zip

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

Re: Examples source

Posted by Carlos Chacin <cc...@gmail.com>.
Hi folks, I'll be working on this over the next few days.

I'll post any updates on this thread.