Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rejaine Monteiro <re...@bhz.jamef.com.br> on 2009/01/21 11:58:21 UTC

Make a rule to block fake url to pdf files...

How can I make a rule to block fake links to pdf files, like this?

<cut>

<a target="_blank"
href="http://knut.kumoh.ac.kr/~dojamo/zero/log/attachs.php?id=HU#9123IF">PRICES.pdf</a>

<a adepth="0" aidx="0"
href="http://knut.kumoh.ac.kr/~dojamo/zero/log/anexos.php?id=GF#590KI">(106,5KB)</a></p>

<cut>

The email tries to deceive usesr, bypassing  for an attached file.

Re: Make a rule to block fake url to pdf files...

Posted by Rejaine Monteiro <re...@bhz.jamef.com.br>.
'dojamo' was just a simple example..
of course, many others different links or names files and urls are used

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.

--
Benny Pedersen
Need more webspace ? http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust37098

Re: Make a rule to block fake url to pdf files...

Posted by mouss <mo...@ml.netoyen.net>.
Rejaine Monteiro a écrit :

> Here are two samples attached..
> (some informations are changed)

please don't forward spam to the list (they poison learning filters,
they may be blocked/discarded, ... etc).

instead, put unaltered full samples on a web page, for example on
pastebin.com. to get a full sample, use the "view source" option in your
thunderbird.

Re: Make a rule to block fake url to pdf files...

Posted by Rejaine Monteiro <re...@bhz.jamef.com.br>.

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
John Wilcock wrote on Wed, 21 Jan 2009 17:52:46 +0100:

> Perhaps if you posted a few *complete* samples with *full headers*,
> others could see which rules are hit and suggest improvements...

but please to a pastebin or so!

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

Re: Make a rule to block fake url to pdf files...

Posted by John Wilcock <jo...@tradoc.fr>.

-- Over 3000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - www.tradoc.fr

Re: Make a rule to block fake url to pdf files...

Posted by Rejaine Monteiro <re...@bhz.jamef.com.br>.
I  have experience with spamassassin and I write many others rules by
myself..
(my english can be poor, but i'm not stupid...)

Thank you for help....

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.

Posted by Rejaine Monteiro <re...@bhz.jamef.com.br>.
Yes , I'm understanding what you saying and also understand the
implications of FPs

But, I'm receive a *lot* of spam like this... (another case abelow) and
I don't no how stop this ...

(sorry , my english is very poor)

<snip>

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT></DIV><SPAN><A href=3D"http://7g5emg.blu.liv=
efilestore.com/y1pcQCMDJb4PY_kjFJywVsV-OkV-UUYFWGpuXf2GvwbZluUwC2T9DSV38GU1=
AywjI2YcphhAE0eVHnbryJZTrMfcQ/curriculos26.zip?download" target=3D_blank><F=
ONT
face=3DArial>Curriculum...doc</FONT></A><FONTFACE=3DARIAL>&nbsp=3B<SPAN>=
<FONTCOLOR=3D#C0C0C0>(57=2C8kb)</FONT></SPAN></FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>

<snip>

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.

Posted by John Wilcock <jo...@tradoc.fr>.
Le 21/01/2009 14:23, Rejaine Monteiro a écrit :
> the text suggests a  link to a pdf file, but in the truth it is not.

In this specific case perhaps, but there's absolutely nothing to stop a
legitimate php script (or any other URL for that matter) generating a
legitimate PDF file. The only way to tell for sure is to visit the URL.

Notwithstanding, a spamassassin rule to detect the pattern *might* still
be a worthwhile spam sign. Just don't score it too high, as it could
also hit legitimate mail.

John.

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
Rejaine Monteiro wrote on Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:23:33 -0200:

> the text suggests a  link to a pdf file, but in the truth it is not.

But you know this only afterwards. This may be true for all your cases and
worthwhile to block, but it may produce FPs in general. I think that's
what Kenneth wanted to express.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

Re: Make a rule to block fake url to pdf files...

Posted by Rejaine Monteiro <re...@bhz.jamef.com.br>.

Posted by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>.
--On Wednesday, January 21, 2009 8:58 AM -0200 Rejaine Monteiro