Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Merico Raffaele <ra...@less.ch> on 2006/02/08 15:18:32 UTC

caseSensitive on Windows XP

Dear Community

I am developing a web application based on Tomcat 5.5. and on Cocoon 2.1.8.
I am doing all the work on a Windows XP platform. Now, somehow, I have seen
filenames are not treated case-sensitive. In order to change this behaviour
on Tomcat level I added the following line to the conf/context.xml file:

<Context>
  <Context path="/V2D" docBase="V2D" caseSensitive="false"/>
</Context>

But I did not really changed anything. The case sensitivity is still
ignored. Does anybody can give me a tip, how to set the case sensitivity?

For your support many thanks in advance ... Raffaele

Raffaele Merico
LESS Informatik AG
Böhnirainstrasse 14
CH-8800 Thalwil

Tel: +41 44 723 12 22
Dir: +41 44 723 92 45
Fax: +41 44 723 12 23

mailto:merico@less.ch

Re: caseSensitive on Windows XP

Posted by David Kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.
Merico Raffaele wrote:

>Dear Community
>
>I am developing a web application based on Tomcat 5.5. and on Cocoon 2.1.8.
>I am doing all the work on a Windows XP platform. Now, somehow, I have seen
>filenames are not treated case-sensitive. In order to change this behaviour
>on Tomcat level I added the following line to the conf/context.xml file:
>
><Context>
>  <Context path="/V2D" docBase="V2D" caseSensitive="false"/>
></Context>

This would tell it to NOT be case-sensitive.  Change it to "true".